Posted by: mitch pileggi online

Some news from the Mitch Man himself and an article. Mitch said he’s going to be working with Wes Craven again. Remember his first time out as Hoarce Pinker in SHOCKER? No word as to who Mitch’s character will be, but we’ll keep an eye on the press releases to see if there’s more information. Until then, read on.

‘X-Files’ Star Mitch Pileggi Joins ‘Hart of Dixie’s’ Claudia Lee in ‘The Girl in the Photographs’

Movies | By Jeff Sneider on May 7, 2015 @ 4:43 pm

“The X-Files” star Mitch Pileggi is set to join Claudia Lee (“Hart of Dixie”), Katharine Isabelle (“Hannibal”), Miranda Rae Mayo (“Pretty Little Liars”), Christy Carlson Romano (“Kim Possible”), Toby Hemingway (“Black Swan”) and Luke Baines (“Saving Mr. Banks”) in the indie thriller “The Girl in the Photographs,” which also stars Kal Penn and Kenny Wormald, TheWrap has learned.

Horror legend Wes Craven (“Scream”) is executive producing the film, which is being directed by his protégé Nick Simon, who co-wrote the script with Oz Perkins and Robert Morast.

Lee will play the title character of Colleen, a bored small-town girl trying to distance herself from an abusive boyfriend when two serial killers begin leaving her photo at the scene of their brutal crimes.

The project is the first from Kuwait-based Al-Ghanim Entertainment, a film financing and production company. Production is currently under way in Canada, and CAA is selling North American rights.

Pileggi is a genre icon who previously starred in Craven’s classic 80’s film “Shocker.” He’s also set to reprise his role as Walter Skinner in the upcoming “X-Files” reboot on FOX. He’s repped by Pakula/King & Associates.

Lee is repped by Paradigm and Joanne Horowitz Management, while Isabelle is repped by The Characters Talent Agency and Play Management. Hemingway is repped by Innovative Artists and 3 Arts, and Baines is repped by 42 and Radius Entertainment. Carlson Romano is repped by CESD and Brad Stokes Management. Mayo, who has a recurring role in season 2 of HBO’s “True Detective,” is repped by Abrams Artists and Sheila Crawford Management.

SOURCE

Posted by: mitch pileggi online

The Mitch Man himself has confirmed his involvement in the six episode revival of THE X-FILES. Variety has picked up the story as well. Mitch’s funny tweet went like this:

Then later he had this to say:

At any rate, good to see our favourite bald G-Man will be back. Long live Walter Skinner!

Posted by: mitch pileggi online

On behalf of ARTISAN I’d like to wish Mitch a Happy Birthday. He turns a ripe young 63 today and looks better than ever. I’m hoping he has the greatest day possible with Arlene and Sawyer. He deserves all the best.

Posted by: mitch pileggi online

Well I knew it was too good to be true. According to David Duchovny (Fox Mulder) Mitch isn’t confirmed…yet, for the reboot of THE X-FILES. After his appearance on The Letterman Show on Tuesday night, he has said he misspoke on Mitch’s inclusion.

‘The X-Files’ Star David Duchovny ‘Not Sure’ If Mitch Pileggi And William B. Davis Have Signed Up For The Revival Yet

Christian Saclao , Design & Trend
Apr, 03, 2015, 05:53 AM

During his Tuesday appearance on “Late Show with David Letterman,” David Duchovny said that Mitch Pileggi and William B. Davis are returning for the upcoming “The X-Files” revival on Fox. But in a more recent interview at NBC’s Summer Press Day in Pasadena, Calif., the 54-year-old actor coiled back a bit on the spoilers.

“I’m not even sure they’re signed up yet, I guess I spoke out of turn,” Duchovny told Variety on Thursday, April 2. “But I assume they will. I assume we’ll have as many people as we can. The show is the show.”

Pileggi played FBI assistant director Walter Skinner on the Chris Carter-created series, which originally run from 1993 to 2002.

Davis, on the other hand, played the cigarette-smoking man who is the primary antagonist of the show. The villain also serves as the arch-nemesis of Duchovny’s character, FBI special agent Fox Mulder.

In the show’s sixth season, the real name of Davis’ character is disclosed to be C.G.B. Spender, but fans continue to refer to him as the smoking man because he is almost always seen chain-smoking Morley’s, a fictional brand of cigarette. Like other series villains, Spender also has multiple aliases, including Cancer Man, CSM and C-Man.

When asked if “Breaking Bad” creator Vince Gilligan will join the creative team of the six-episode reboot, Duchovny said, “I don’t know. I don’t know.”

But actually, Gilligan has already expressed his interest in joining the limited series.

“I would love to be involved,” the 48-year-old Primetime Emmy winner said in an interview with “The X-Files” fan site The X-Files Lexicon in February. “I don’t know with my current schedule, if I necessarily could be involved, but I got to tell you I hope that is the case.”

“And [if] it works out that there [are] more X-Files in the offing… even if I weren’t involved, I can tell you as a fan, I’d be right there with my Dr. Pepper and my big bowl of popcorn, and the lights dimmed down low,” Gilligan added.

Prior to creating “Breaking Bad” and its spinoff “Better Call Saul,” Gilligan worked as a writer, director and producer for “The X-Files.”

Filming on the series is set to kick off in Vancouver this summer for a 2016 release.

SOURCE

Posted by: mitch pileggi online

I am a happy camper this evening. Just found this.

Pileggi, Davis, Patrick, Gish return for X-Files

Mitch Pileggi and William B.Davis will be back as Skinner and The Cigarette Smoking Man, respectively, in Fox’s “X-Files” sequel series.

Star David Duchovny revealed the new inclusions on David Letterman’s show this week, reiterating that many of the originals from the original show – aside from himself and Gillian Anderson – will reprise their roles for the new six-episode series.

Also expected to reprise their roles from the original run, Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish, who TV Line says have been signed to return as Doggett and Reyes.

“The X-Files” begins filming this Summer in Vancouver.

SOURCE

%d bloggers like this: