Didn’t see this one coming. There’s some new information out about the new SHOCKER BluRay release. It’s been all remastered with some new extras from Wes Craven himself. There is also a new cover for the box. Here is the cover, more below the cut.
Full Details Revealed for Scream Factory’s Shocker Blu-ray Release
We learned last month that Scream Factory is bringing Wes Craven’s Shocker to Blu-ray for the first time this coming September, and today the company has sent along full release details that are sure to have you salivating over the upcoming release. Read on for everything you need to know!
From the Press Release:
Fans of legendary director Wes Craven (Scream, The Last House on the Left, A Nightmare on Elm Street) know well the terror mayhem inflicted by Horace Pinker, a diabolical mass murderer who harnesses electricity for unimaginable killing powers, from the 1989 horror cult classic SHOCKER.
On September 8, 2015, Scream Factory™ is proud to present Wes Craven’s SHOCKER Collector’s Edition Blu-ray, packed with insightful bonus content including, special audio commentary with Wes Craven, all-new interviews with Mitch Pileggi, Cami Cooper, executive producer Shep Gordon, music supervisor Desmond Child and soundtrack artists, new audio commentary with director of photography Jacques Haitkin, co-producer Robert Engelman and composer William Goldstein, retrospective featurettes, original storyboard gallery and much more!
This definitive collector’s edition Blu-ray set contains a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork and a reversible cover wrap featuring original theatrical key art.
Those who order Wes Craven’s SHOCKER Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™ directly from ShoutFactory.com will get it shipped two weeks early, plus receive an exclusive 18″x24″ poster featuring our newly commissioned artwork! Available while supplies last.
About to be electrocuted for a catalog of heinous crimes, the unrepentant Horace Pinker transforms into a terrifying energy source. Only young athlete Jonathan Parker, with an uncanny connection to Pinker through bizarre dreams, can fight the powerful demon. The two dive in and out of television programs, chasing each other from channel to channel through stunning scenes of disaster, game shows and old reruns.
A blend of dazzling special effects and an electrifying soundtrack, SHOCKER stars Michael Murphy (X-Men: The Last Stand, Batman Returns), actor/director Peter Berg (actor Smokin’ Aces, director Lone Survivor), Cami Cooper (Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace) and Mitch Pileggi (The X-Files, Sons of Anarchy) as Horace Pinker.
• NEW! Audio Commentary with director of photography Jacques Haitkin, co-producer Robert Engelman, and composer William Goldstein
• NEW! Cable Guy – An all-new interview with actor Mitch Pileggi
• NEW! Alison’s Adventures – An interview with actress Cami Cooper
• NEW! It’s Alive – An interview with executive producer Shep Gordon
• NEW! No More Mr. Nice Guy – The Music of Shocker, featuring interviews with music supervisor Desmond Child and soundtrack artists Bruce Kulik (KISS), Jason McMaster (DANGEROUS TOYS), Kane Roberts (ALICE COOPER) , and Dave Ellefson (MEGADETH)
• Audio Commentary with writer/director Wes Craven
• 2 Vintage Making of Shocker featurettes including an interview with Wes Craven
• Theatrical Trailer
• TV Spots
• Radio Spots
• Original Storyboard Gallery
• Still Gallery